Monday 27 July 2015

Brian Manase: Director of Entertainment aspirant

We got to have a brief interview with fashion designer Brian Manase who earlier on this semester got to represent Maseno University at the East African Fashion Week. He tells us why he is determined to become the next if not the best entertainment director and what motivates him.



Motivation behind Director of Entertainment aspirations?
I have always been dedicated to seeing artists, dancers, Mcees and Djs grow. I think through being elected as Entertainment Director I will be in a better position to work with them. I have also been improving my networks over the past few years as a way of making my own dreams come true. Through this and other means, I will create bigger platforms and more opportunities for the artists and other creatives.

Leaders you look up to and why?
I look up to many people. But more importantly, I admire Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King and even young people who are creative and visionary like Kendrick Lamar. Some of the creatives I work closely with are also very visionary in how they think and pursue their goals. It is such drive and passion for achieving one’s goal that really attracts me. I am generally inspired by leaders who are and were interested in empowering their societies and attaining equal rights for all.

Brief story of your journey in fashion up to East African Fashion Week (EAFW)?
After participating in Kisumu fashion week several years ago, I participated in other events like Lake Side Fashion and Haute Couture in Maseno University. I got an invitation to East African Fashion Week, took up the challenge, got my stuff together and headed to Nairobi. The EAFW experience turned out to be so good.  I showed some of my best creations and I was surprised to appear on NTV because of that effort.
In fact, here's a glimpse of what went down.








How to be a fashion killa:
Chics
Be yourself, be simple and don’t overdo. Simplicity is everything.
Dudes
The same for the guys. Just that all guys should find their own version of classy and make it a habit to dress well.
Favorite Cologne?
Million, Versace

What do you like most about Maseno University and what makes you think you are the right candidate for Entertainment Director?
The environment around here is so nice. The greenery is very relaxing and this offers a good environment to be a student and to just meet different people every day. The monkeys add to this beauty I have to admit. I am particularly interested in making Mr and Miss Maseno a big franchise that will attract big firms and big business. I won’t point out the failures of others, I am more interested in looking at where they failed and to improve in those areas while implementing my plans
.
Second date: To go Dutch or not?
Dutch. I like independent ladies because they provide some kind of security to the hardworking men.  When a lady agrees to go Dutch it is also an indication that she could be hardworking.

Maseno, the ball is now in your court; is it a yes or no?

No comments:

Post a Comment