Tuesday 9 September 2014

Campus Jungle

Campus is a jungle. Trust me I know; and so do you. I mean you've heard stories from friends, seen sagas splashed on newspapers and social media. But here you are a freshman in Maseno University. Some of you hate the fact that you've been called here, some are hoping to transfer mid year, others have dreamt of Maseno University as small children. Whatever the case, I'm here to help and guide you through the first sem at least.

Basics...
First things first. The key thing you need to remember: be yourself. You're not there to impress anyone. This is in relation to dressing, behaviour and especially your values.
No learning institution is fun... So make friends. Start with your housemates, coursemates or former schoolmates. You'll be surprised how beneficial such friendships can be.
Familiarise yourself
There's no need to rush and try everything or go everywhere. I mean you do have 4years. I remember when I started my classes I had no clue where most halls were. You don't want to be late for a completely new subject. I mean there's nothing worse than floating a whole semester of what your course is really about.

Go beyond...
Don't let 4years pass you by and all you can present is a degree. Get involved in the co-curricula. There's Salsa classes for the danceaholics, SpokenHeart and Bloggers Association of Maseno University for the creatives, Kenya RedCross Society Maseno Chapter for those who enjoy volunteering, Google club for the tech geniuses and so much more.
Beware...
There are afew things you need to note:
Ladies, don't be fooled. Men will do and say anything to get you to give it up to them.
Men, getting drunk shouldn't be your lifestyle. I'm sure you have so much more to offer.
Strikes aren't a must attend event. 
That's all I have for now...I'm out.

By Stacey Nduta.


No comments:

Post a Comment